Thursday, September 11, 2008

My cup runneth over...




We are so blessed...a roof over our heads, a basement that is now fixed, and, above all that, healthy children.

Of course, I have the best husband who is extremely talented at fixing everything I manage to break...like the washing machine (which wasn't exactly my fault, it just broke when I happened to be using it), and the Suburban car handle (again, not my fault, it just broke the one time I was driving it home from the dentist office), and the windows on the Saturn (maybe I was indirectly involved since I let Lillie practice driving and she broke the automatic controls for the windows, but I don't know how that broke the locks...another story). Anyway, Martin always tells me he likes to fix things, so I'm just inadvertently giving him things to fix (which, of course, keep him from doing the other projects like finishing the basement or painting the baby's dresser).
Time is just flying. I read a saying that life is like a roll of toilet paper, it goes faster the closer you get to the end. hmmm....

Lillie is almost 2 1/2 and Heaton is now 6 weeks (where is the time going?!!). For those of you familiar the Disney Pixar movie Cars, you'll enjoy this conversation I had with Lillie this week.
Me (talking to Lillie as she's 'helping' me put shoes in the closet): "Lillie, please get out of here"
Lillie (talking to me): "I've been trying to get out of here for 3 days!"
I nearly fell over laughing.
She told Martin later that night: "Sting like a Beemer"
(At least she isn't walking around saying "Here in Hill Billy Hell..."

Stay tuned for camping photos...as long as the weather cooperates, we are going camping this weekend :-)

2 comments:

Plain Jane said...

Ok, I just about fell out of my chair laughing at Lillie's Cars quote. Elaine LOVES that movie so it should be fun to get them together.

Those two kids are adorable!! Can't wait to meet Heaton in 5 weeks.

DeniseMarie said...

So, so sweet, Becky. Heaton is just adorable, and I can't wait to see more pictures.