What a lovely 31st birthday! I actually didn't mind turning 30 last year...I've realized over the past few years how blessed I have been and what a blessing it is to have birthdays and friends to celebrate with.
Today was just fabulous. Friends from Colorado and North Carolina called me. And my sister, who's at Target training in San Francisco even though she lives in AZ, called me twice. She had to use other people's cell phones and make them promise not to talk to me if I called back (she told them I'm friendly and would end up inviting them to family reunions...oh, my sister).
Lillie and I took Beretta for a walk this morning (today is one of the few birthdays I remember where it hasn't rained), we met a friend for lunch, I took Lillie to the zoo (she now says 'goat' and 'baboo' for baboon), and then Martin surprised us with dinner at Famous Dave's with about 15 other friends.
I wondered why no one wanted to do anything tonight...its because they were already planning to meet us. Martin was very sneaky and good at finding phone numbers to call our friends...I'm very proud of him. So, now I have to figure out a party for his big 35th b-day in July (I did a surprise party for #30...but that was five years ago and I want to do something this year!).
Time for sleep...tomorrow is day 2 of my 31st year :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy birthday! Sounds like you had a great day.
I can't wait to take Elaine back to the zoo there with Lillie. They will have so much more fun now.
Happy birthday, Becky!
Post a Comment