Sunday, March 9, 2008

Updates (finally!)

I'm not sure I have any readers anymore since its been 3 months since I posted anything! But its not because I haven't wanted to post...I just didn't want to talk about throwing up every day :-)
Lillie turns two next month. We have no idea where the time has gone, but the past two years have been the best of our lives. She talks all the time. The other morning she was having a snack with Martin and she turns to me and says 'Me and Dad got cake'. wow...her first 5 word sentence. She's been busy coloring, painting and going to Jumpin' Jr class with me. And she loves to help 'cook' in the kitchen (apparently, I got my hand a bit too close to the mixer last week and she pulled my hand away and scolded me!).
We are 19 weeks along! Baby is doing great. We had the ultrasound this week and it is such a blessing to see the 3 blood vessels in the umbilical cord, 4 chamber heart, 2 kidneys etc. We did not find out the gender...took a lot of will power! Fortunately, the ultrasound technician did not give in to my questions...she knew I was trying to get her to give away the gender!
I have actually gone more than 4 days without throwing up! yeah!! Let me just say it has been a very long winter since Dec 9. And its been extremely cold here...I heard one weatherman say we went three months without barely breaking freezing.
We had a bit of a scare last week when I went to the doctor. My cold was getting very bad after almost two weeks and I was having chest pains and breathing problems, and, long story short, they found a heart murmur. I went in to have an Echo test done, and they found an 'intraatrial septal aneurysm'. The doctors think this is probably pregnancy related and it doesn't appear to be something that will cause me any problems, but right after the baby is born, I need to have a bubble study done (they will not perform this on me now b/c I'm pregnant). This has definitely been an experience that has reminded me how fully the Lord is in control and how important it is for each person to take control of his/her health (if something doesn't seem right, persist until a doctor will listen!).
My wonderful sister-in-law took me out last night! We were supposed to go to Kansas City for a weekend, but needed to amend those plans with my nausea and exhaustion and so on! Amy took me to a fabulous steak house (Misty's in Lincoln, NE) and I had the best prime rib, salad, and au gratin potatoes. Then we went to a movie. I had not been to a movie since June 2006, so it really seemed like a treat. We saw Vantage Point...a movie about a political assassination shown from the vantage points of different people (i.e. the news, a civilian with a camera, a CIA agent, a terrorist, and the President). Full of action and lots of shooting/bombs and car chases down the streets of Spain.
So anyway, that has been our past three months in a nutshell :-)

3 comments:

Plain Jane said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better! I was going to call this weekend but thought I wasn't sure if you'd be up to chatting. We're counting the days till you are here - if you're feeling up to it, of course.

Unknown said...

Whew! Glad you're over the nausea.. hmm wonder if it's another girl???? LOL

You still have readers! I get notified when your blog updates, thanks to my blogarithm thing :) hehe

My nephew turned 2 today! Mom and John's anniversary too! :) They're of course sailing away in the islands though and I'm out of touch with her till they return.. hate that!

Enough about me. That heart thing would scare me too but I'm sure it's fine.. keep me posted after the baby's born on what they say about it! Hugs and hope to see you in May!? (Jason's graduation weekend.. mother's day weekend too)

Unknown said...

oh and I think Lillie's 5 word sentence is so cute!! Who doesn't think cake is awesome?? :) Tyler's first sentence was "I want my Daddy!" I'll never forget that, he was around 20 months or so. Love it!